This webinar will discuss patient selection, physician and institution requirements, antithrombotic regimen recommendations, and how to understand the imaging recommendations and procedural complications related to LAAC. This webinar also features an audience question-and-answer discussion.
Upon completion of these activities, participants will be able to:
- Identify patients for LAAC
- Recognize the physician and institutional requirements for performing LAAC
- Describe peri-procedural & post-procedural imaging recommendations for LAAC
- Discuss the complications related to LAAC, and how to avoid and manage them
- Recognize the significance of peri-device leak and device-related thrombus
- Explain the antithrombotic regimen recommendation post-LAAC
- Introduction, Dr. Saw
- Patient Selection Criteria and Future Directions, Dr. Holmes
- Physician and Institutional Requirements for Performing LAAC, Dr. Kavinsky
- Peri-Procedural and Post-Procedural Imaging Recommendations for LAAC, Dr. Wang
- Procedural Complications Related to LAAC: How to Avoid and Manage Them, Dr. Goldsweig
- Future Directions: Antithrombotic Regimen Recommendation Post-LAAC, Dr. Freeman
The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
SCAI designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 1.0 medical knowledge MOC point in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Watch the content and complete the evaluation to obtain credit.
Learning opportunities from SCAI for the interventional cardiology team.