At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Implement a “best practice” approach to the cath lab
- Identify updated practices on safety, medications, vascular access and other key cath lab activities
- Differentiate the role of the cardiac cath lab director and administrative and nursing directors
Moderators: Drs. Naidu and Kolansky
Panelists: Drs. Manoukian, Skelding, and Welt
- Introduction, Dr Naidu
- Administrative Aspects of the Cath Lab: Optimal Team, Heart Team, and Governance, Dr. Abbott
- Pre-Procedure Best Practices Including Choice of Vascular Access, Dr. Iqbal
- Intraprocedural Best Practices, Dr. Garcia
- Post-Procedure Best Practices and Getting Ready for Discharge, Dr. Khuddus
- Panel Discussion
The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 1.0 medical knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Watch the content and complete the evaluation to complete credit.