PDA occlusion in VLBW infants has become established as a less invasive option in the past few years. Several devices have been used safely and successfully. This webinar serves to educate our community on the various device options for this procedure, tips and tricks to minimize procedural complications/adverse events for successful implant, and for maintaining homeostasis for the fragile small infant. The latest outcomes data on the group of patients post occlusion will also be discussed.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the various devices available for PDA occlusion in VLBW infants
- Examine the latest outcome data on PDA occlusion in very low birth weight (VLBW) infants
- Discuss tips and tricks of PDA occlusion in VLBW infants
Introduction, followed by:
- A Review of the Medtronic Microvascular Plug (MVP) and the Abbot Piccolo Occluder, Dr. Hiremath
- An Introduction to the Kurt Amplatz (KA) Device, Dr. El-Said
- Tip and Tricks for PDA Occlusion in the VLBW Infant, Dr. Ing
- Latest Outcome Data on PDA Occlusion in the VLBW Infant, Dr. Sathanadam
The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Board of Pediatrics Maintenance of Certification
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 1.0 Lifelong Learning and Self-Assessment (Part II) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) points in the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program; and it is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit.
Watch the webinar and complete the evaluation to obtain credit.
* To receive the member rate you must renew or join prior to registering for the event. Membership is not required to register but you are required to create a SCAI Login.