The SCAI Fall Fellows Advanced Structural Course is designed for fellows in training focusing on structural heart disease. Experience in-depth education through clinical case vignettes, recorded cases, step-by-step instruction for common procedures and expert panel discussions. Learn from our experts on the transition to attending, while gaining valuable clinical skills. Connect with structural heart disease thought leaders through this unique learning experience.
With access to experienced SCAI leaders, collaboration with industry, and interaction with your peers, the Advanced Structural Fellows Course will enable you to:
- Describe treatment modalities for patent foramen ovale closure, atrial septal defect closure, left atrial appendage occlusion, transcatheter aortic valve replacement, transcatheter mitral valve repair, and valve-in-valve therapy.
- Discuss the interventional skills for percutaneous transseptal puncture using appropriate transseptal sheaths, wires, needles, and other access devices such as radiofrequency ablation.
- Review steps for post-processing CT analysis for TAVR and discuss novel techniques associated with TAVR: valve fracturing, BASILICA, and coronary protection.
- Analyze standard views, identify normal and abnormal intracardiac anatomy, discuss fusion imaging, and describe necessary imaging of atrial septal structures and different morpho-spatial pathologic variants.
Who Should Attend
- This course is available ONLY to those currently in a structural fellowship program or in an interventional fellowship program in the U.S. or Canada.