Call for Cases for the Interventional Course—Now Open
For the Interventional Cardiology Course, you will learn about coronary, peripheral vascular, and structural heart disease interventions and stay up to date on atherectomy and hemodynamic support devices and the safest pharmacotherapies. To be a successful operator, you need more than fantastic technical skills. Learn from the experts on negotiating employment contracts, transitioning to attending, and inspiring and leading your team for the best outcomes for you and your patients.
Through access to experienced SCAI leaders, collaboration with industry supporters, and interaction with your peers, the Interventional Fellows Course will enable you to:
- Evaluate diagnostic studies, clinical guidelines, appropriate use criteria, devices, access techniques, and therapies for the treatment of cardiovascular disease to improve the early and late clinical outcomes after coronary/peripheral/structural heart disease interventions.
- Apply techniques for coronary interventions including atherectomy, chronic total occlusions, bypass graft intervention, and PCI in left main, bifurcations, and multivessel disease.
- Describe the clinical indications and procedural techniques for performing LAAO, ASD, and PFO closures, paravalvular leak closure, TMVR, and TAVR.
- Discuss the evidence supporting and skills employed for carotid revascularization, lower extremity arterial revascularization, and treating aortic, renal artery and mesenteric artery disease.
- Describe optimal techniques for performing coronary intervention, including anti-thrombin and anti-platelet agents.
- Analyze operator risks from invasive angiography and intervention and employ risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop nonclinical competencies necessary for cath lab leadership, including managing team dynamics and finances, fostering a culture of safety through effective communication and reporting.
Who Should Attend
- All members of the Cath Lab Team are welcome to attend this year's virtual refresher course on interventional fundamentals.
- This course is recommended for those currently in an ACGME-accredited interventional cardiology fellowship program in the U.S. or an international program.