Chair: Lyndon Box MD, FSCAI (2019–2022)
Co-Chair: Joaquin E. Cigarroa, MD, FSCAI (2012–2022)
AMA HOD Liaison: Jeff Marshall, MD, MSCAI (2019–2023)
CPT Liaison: Andrew Goldsweig, MD, MSc, FSCAI (2020–2023)
CPT Liaison: Kusum Lata, MD, FSCAI (2021–2024)
CPT Liaison: Arthur Lee, MD, FSCAI (2018–2022)
Board Liaison: Joaquin E. Cigarroa, MD, FSCAI (2012–2022)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Liaison: Kennet Igbalode, MD (2021–2024)
Congenital Heart Disease Council Liaison: Sergio Bartakian, MD, FSCAI (2018–2022)
Finance Liaison: Arnold Seto, MD, MPA, FSCAI (2021–2024)
Ischemic Heart Disease Council Liaison: James Blankenship, MD, MHCM, MSCAI (2020–2022)
Publications Liaison: Subrata Kar, DO, FSCAI (2018–2022)
Quality Improvement Liaison: Kusum Lata, MD, FSCAI (2021–2024)
RUC Liaison: Sergio Bartakian, MD, FSCAI (2018–2022)
RUC Liaison: James Blankenship, MD, MHCM, MSCAI (2020–2022)
RUC Liaison: Mark Hoyer, MD, FSCAI (2021–2024)
RUC Liaison: Afnan Tariq, MD FSCAI (2018–2022)
RUC Liaison: Edward Toggart, MD, FSCAI (2020–2023)
RUC Liaison: Deepali Tukaye, MBBS, PhD, FSCAI (2017–2022)
Structural Heart Disease Council Liaison: Andrew Goldsweig, MD, MSc, FSCAI (2020–2023)
Vascular Heart Disease Liaison: Jeffrey Carr, MD, FSCAI (2021–2024)
To educate our members, ourselves, and key stakeholders (legislators and their staffs, government agencies, patients and the general public) about policies and positions that directly and indirectly affect all aspects of interventional cardiology and to advocate for those positions as directed by the Executive Committee of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions.
- Evaluate proposed legislation to understand its impact on interventional cardiologists and our patients.
- Ongoing outreach to federal agencies (evaluate and develop comment letters in response to proposed FDA, CMS, NIH, AHRQ federal regulations, getting to know agencies/outreach to federal agencies, assess existing relationships with agencies).
- Support select new interventional cardiology technologies by advocating for coverage and reimbursement of those technologies, when appropriate to support patient-centered decision making.
- Engage in federal and state-level legislative and regulatory proposals to positively influence the outcome.
- Identifying members who have strong contacts with key members of Congress.
|Member||Term Start||Term End|
|Prakash Balan, MD, JD, FSCAI||2021||2024|
|Colin Barker, MD, FSCAI||2021||2024|
|Patrick Bridges MBA, RCIS||2021||2023|
|Patrick Hu, MD, PhD, FSCAI||2020||2023|
|Julian Javier, MD, FSCAI||2021||2024|
|Prashanth Katrapati, MD, FSCAI||2018||2022|
|Andrew Klein, MD, FSCAI||2021||2024|
|Lloyd Klein, MD, MSCAI||2021||2024|
|Faisal Latif, MD, FSCAI||2020||2023|
|Mark E. Leimbach, MD, FSCAI||2020||2023|
|Shahab Moossavi, MD||2019||2022|
|Richard Snyder, MD||2021||2024|
|Devraj Sukul, MD, MS||2018||2022|
|Charles Thompson, MD, FSCAI||2021||2024|
|Edward R. Tuohy, IV, MD, FSCAI||2020||2023|
|Mladen Vidovich, MD, FSCAI||2021||2024|