Fellows Focus 2021
A series of case-based and professional development lectures presented in May 2021 at SCAI 2021 Virtual Scientific Sessions.
Lessons Learned Post-Fellowship
- Crazy Busy: How to Work Towards a Work/Life Balance, Kimberly Skelding, MD, FSCAI
- Complications: Document, Debriefing and Doing the Right Thing, John Messenger, MD, FSCAI
- Real-World Malpractice Cases and What You Can Learn From Them, Morton J. Kern, MD, MSCAI
Guide Shape Selection: From Basic to the Challenging!
- Sahil A. Parikh, MD, FSCAI and Nadia R. Sutton, MD, FSCAI discuss how to approach the several case and which tools they would choose to treat.
Complex Case Reviews
- Explore complex case reviews with this expert panel: Sahil A. Parikh, MD, FSCAI; Suzanne Baron, MD, FSCAI; and Paul Mahoney, MD, FSCAI. Faculty discuss the new Onyx One indication for one-month DAPT in the high bleeding risk patient as well as Post-TAVR PCI and the importance of hemodynamics.
Examining Differences in Acute MI Shock vs. Advanced Heart Failure Shock
This session helps you differentiate between acute MI shock and advanced heart failure shock. You will understand why IABP is a good option for this patient population and how the shock team and decision making algorithms play a part in their care.
- AMI vs. Advanced Heart Failure Cardiogenic Shock, Jordan Hutson, MD
- Shock Teams and Decision-Making Algorithms, Jeffrey Marbach, MBBS
- Why IABP in Heart Failure? Justin Fried, MD