2023 Early Career Research Grants
Applications for SCAI Early Career Research Grants 2023 have now closed.
SCAI will notify applicants of the outcome of their application by April 17th. If you have a question about your application, please email ResearchGrants@scai.org.
Research relevant to one or more of the following areas related to personalizing or tailoring the vascular patient care journey:
- Intravascular imaging with OCT as a tool to guide & optimize endovascular or percutaneous coronary intervention in specific patient/lesion subsets
- Epicardial or microvascular coronary physiology assessments, for example, in management of patients with INOCA or diffuse coronary disease
- Strategies designed to personalize the disease journey for patients suffering with Chronic Limb-Threatening Ischemia (CLTI)
Research relevant to one or more of the following areas related to coronary or peripheral calcium modification:
- Investigation of diagnostic imaging or screening protocols to identify vessel calcification prior to angiogram
- OCT/IVUS analysis quantifying prevalence of concentric, eccentric, and nodular calcium morphologies
Or one or more of the following areas related to Critical Limb Ischemia (CLI)
- Disparities in treatment (e.g., by gender, race, ethnicity, age)
- Recent treatment and outcome trends per national or international vascular registry data, administrative data, clinical trial data or institutional databases
Or focusing on one of the following areas:
- Clinical and/or economic assessment of the adoption of radial and/or pedal peripheral vascular interventions—preferably in the OBL setting
- Potential shift in peripheral artery disease (PAD) practice patterns in COVID-19 era (e.g., changing PAD demographics, specialties treating PAD, prevalence, and incidence, shifts in medical management, and time to intervention)
- Economic cost of a multidisciplinary approach involving endovascular procedures and wound care vs. primary amputation in patients with critical limb ischemia
- Quality-of-life after endovascular intervention in claudicants
These research awards are supported by unrestricted educational grants from Abbott and Cardiovascular Systems, Inc.
No in-kind commercial support was received.
Join SCAI President Dr. Sunil Rao and the recipients of SCAI Early Career Research Grants 2022, Drs. Butala, Goldsweig, Fanaroff, and Huded when they present the results of their research on Friday, May 19, at SCAI 2023 Scientific Sessions.