SCAI Mandatory Vaccination and Masking Policies for the 2023 SCAI Scientific Sessions, May 18 – 20, 2023
This policy is subject to change. SCAI will send updates to attendees as they are made.
SCAI’s priority is to ensure an exciting educational event in a safe space for our attendees. We continue to follow safety guidelines based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control as well as procedures set forth by the city of Phoenix, Hyatt Regency Phoenix, Renaissance Phoenix Downtown, and the Phoenix Convention Center. By attending the SCAI Scientific Sessions, you agree to the following COVID-19 safety protocols:
- To attend Scientific Sessions, all attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide documented exemption for a religious or health reason.
- Religious Exemption: You must hold sincere religious beliefs which are contrary to the practice of vaccination. You will need to complete the Personal Statement Form and have your religious leader complete the Religious Organization Statement Form as proof of exemption. Form will be included in your registration confirmation email.
- Health Exemption: You must have a medical condition for non-vaccination that is signed by a licensed healthcare provider, not related to the submitter, whose specialty is appropriate to the associated condition. You will need to complete the Personal Statement Form and have your medical provider complete the Medical Exemption Form. Form will be included in your registration confirmation email.
- All attendees are encouraged to wear a mask while in the meeting spaces and in public areas of the hotel.
- Due to the nature of the content and activities, it may be difficult at times to maintain social distancing. Masks will reinforce the safety of our attendees in these instances.
- Any attendee who feels symptoms of illness during the meeting should alert staff and SCAI will assist to make arrangements for a COVID-19 test. The individual should also self-quarantine in their room until proof of a negative test result. All additional expenses related to self-quarantine are the responsibility of the individual with the exception of the test(s) for which SCAI will assume the expense.
- If an attendee tests positive during the meeting, it is their responsibility to notify a staff member as quickly as possible. SCAI will alert all attendees via email and through the app as well as the hotel. If there is a significant outbreak, SCAI will alert the health department.
Attestation: Participation in the 2023 Scientific Sessions includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. With full knowledge of the risks involved, I hereby release, waive, discharge SCAI, its board, contractors, affiliates, employees, representatives, successors from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, and actions directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in activity while in, on, or around the premises.
May 18 - 20, 2023
Become a member to take advantage of discounts to all SCAI-run events!