SCAI SHOCK: Advancing Multidisciplinary Shock Care in the Community brings together global experts from the fields of interventional cardiology, advanced heart failure, cardiac critical care, cardiac surgery, and emergency medicine to give you a broad understanding of shock diagnosis and treatment.
This year’s program features:
- SCAI Shock Stage Classification 2022 Update
- Shock etiologies, phenotypes, and stages
- Multimodality diagnosis and multidisciplinary treatment
- Cutting-edge science and technology
- Team, center, and network protocols
- Cardiac intensive care unit management
- Current and future international research trials
- Disparities in cardiogenic shock care
- Advocacy and legislation initiatives
- Hands-on skills, technology, and device training
- Small-group workshops
SCAI SHOCK: Advancing Multidisciplinary Shock Care in the Community aims to provide a comprehensive review of the diagnosis and management of cardiogenic shock across the spectrum of care from the pre-hospital environment through hospital discharge, an overview of current clinical and research shock initiatives, and local and regional systems of care.
The course includes case-based presentations, novel treatment algorithms, a contemporary review of the latest basic and clinical science, and hands-on training. As an area with persistently high morbidity and mortality and rapidly evolving data and treatment technologies, cardiogenic shock is of interest to the entire cardiovascular care community.