Additional benefits for Fellows-in-Training
Dedicated to training the next generation of interventional cardiovascular practitioners and leaders, additional benefits of SCAI membership for fellows-in-training include:
- SCAI Fellows Courses – held half way through the academic year, this fellows-only meeting features expert faculty and offers education, simulation training, networking, and mentoring opportunities
- The FIT Portal – a structured curriculum covering the core competencies of the interventional year
Both designed to meet the educational needs of fellows-in-training and interventionalists in the first five years of practice.
Candidates are physicians in good standing that have been accepted into or are participating in an accredited adult or approved pediatric interventional cardiology training program.
Conditions of membership:
Fellows-in-Training are eligible to serve and vote on SCAI committees but not eligible to serve as Trustees or Officers of the society or vote at meetings of society members.
Fellows-in-Training receive the online CCI journal only.
If a Fellow-in-Training becomes board eligible or certified by an appropriate subspecialty board, they may advance to Fellow of SCAI (FSCAI).
To apply, please submit:
- A current curriculum vitae
- A recommendation letter from a program director, on official letterhead, detailing the dates of the training program and confirming that the candidate is in good standing
* SCAI has graciously waived the membership fee.