Candidates must have unrestricted privileges to perform in their area of expertise and either:
- Be eligible or certified by an appropriate certifying board (Internal Medicine, Radiology, Pediatrics, etc.) and be board eligible or certified by an appropriate subspecialty board, if one exists, in a primary specialty (Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology) OR
- Have completed appropriate training in cardiac and/or endovascular angiography and intervention, or in a related field including noninvasive and have at least one full year or its equivalent in specialist training
Conditions of membership:
SCAI Member (Physicians) are eligible to serve and vote on SCAI committees but may not serve as Trustees or Officers of the society. Entitled to one vote at meetings of society members.
To apply please submit:
- A current curriculum vitae
- A recommendation letter, on official letterhead, or a completed SCAI Membership Attestation form (available to request on the online application upload page) from a catheterization lab director or hospital administrator verifying the candidate's unrestricted privileges at the hospital/institution in their area of expertise and the amount of time spent in the catheterization lab
* SCAI's membership year runs July 1 through June 30. If you are a new member joining us partway through the year your initial dues will be prorated based on the month you join us. Renewal reminders will be sent to the email address you used to create your SCAI member account. Further information about how prorated membership dues are calculated and the different ways you can pay can be found here.