SCAI's 30 in Their 30s awards recognizes early-career interventionalists who epitomize the qualities expected of future leaders in interventional cardiology. Dedicated to their patients, these doctors demonstrate professional excellence in their clinical practice and exemplify the values of service and teamwork.
Award recipients will be:
- Invited to the SCAI President's Reception at SCAI Scientific Sessions in the year of their award, receive complimentary registration to the meeting and, honored during the annual induction and convocation ceremony
- Announced as an award recipient in Guidewire, SCAI's weekly communication to the global interventional community
- Recognized in SCAI This Week
- Profiled on scai.org
- Tagged on MySCAI as a 30 in Their 30s award recipient
Click here to see past recipients of the 30 in Their 30s Award.
Who Should Apply
SCAI members who will be 39 years or younger when accepting their award, who can evidence their leadership qualities as a:
- Practice-based learner
- Adopter of systems-based practices
- Role model for SCAI's Code of Ethics
- Mentor, teacher, or coach in their organization
Applications from individuals over 39 years of age who can evidence their non-linear career path will also be accepted.
Applications for the 30 in Their 30s Award will open in November 2023.
- Is the candidate a role model or mentor to others?
- Has the candidate demonstrated that they have created, implemented, or assessed quality improvement initiatives?
- Is advanced decision-making in complex clinical scenarios and procedural selection, superior technical skill, or leadership evidenced in the candidate's application?
- Has the candidate developed a clinical pathway or guideline for the management of a complex post-procedural issue, implemented a strategy that advances multidisciplinary care, or contributed to peer-reviewed literature on pathophysiology and/or treatment?
- Has the candidate demonstrated how they have applied their learnt, practical, or lived experience to advancing interventional cardiology?
SCAI's professional development resources help interventional cardiologists progress their careers.
Find out more about these and other benefits of joining SCAI.