The Journal of Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (JSCAI) Editors must disclose all relationships with industry (RWI) or potential conflicts. Disclosures include all financial and non-financial interests, regardless of amount or value, that might be construed as resulting in an actual, potential, or apparent conflict or bias in one’s role.
JSCAI Editors adhere to the following policies:
- Editors who make final decisions about manuscripts will recuse themselves from editorial decisions if they have relevant conflicts of interest or relationships that pose potential conflicts related to articles under consideration.
- Any final decisions regarding manuscript publication are made by an editor who does not have any relevant conflicts of interest.
Situations in which Editors should be recused:
- A direct-reporting relationship between an author and a reviewer or editor.
- An editor or reviewer is employed at the same institution as an author.
- An editor or reviewer is an author on the manuscript of the submission.
- The submission involves a spouse or dependent child of the reviewer or editor.
- The editor or reviewer is directly compensated by a company or competing company with a financial interest in the submission.
- The editor or reviewer believes that he or she cannot be objective, whether for personal reasons or due to a financial interest not otherwise covered in the policy.
- The Editor-in-Chief and at least 1 editor believes the editorial board member or reviewer cannot be objective either for personal reasons or due to financial interests.
In-house submissions, i.e., papers authored by Editors or Editorial Board members, will be sent to Editors unaffiliated with the author or institution and monitored carefully to ensure there is no peer review bias.