SCAI SHOCK: Breaking the 50% Mortality Barrier is the premier course on cardiogenic shock. We bring together global experts from the fields of interventional cardiology, advanced heart failure, emergency medicine, cardiac critical care, and cardiac surgery to give you a broad understanding of shock and its treatment.
The virtual format of this year’s event is a unique opportunity for us to present an unprecedented breadth of cutting-edge science and new data. Experts from around the world and multiple disciplines will share their knowledge and insights. This year’s program will feature:
- Updates on the SCAI cardiogenic shock classification system
- Cardiogenic shock diagnosis and treatment
- World views on cardiogenic shock management
- Current and planned international research trials
- Cutting-edge science and technology
- Team, center, and network protocols
- Cardiac intensive care unit management
- Disparities in cardiogenic shock care
- Advocacy and legislation initiatives
SCAI SHOCK: Breaking the 50% Mortality Barrier aims to provide a comprehensive review of the definition, diagnosis, and management of cardiogenic shock across the spectrum of care from the pre-hospital environment through hospital discharge, an overview of current clinical and research shock initiatives, and systems of care. The course includes case-based presentations, novel treatment algorithms, and a contemporary review of the latest basic and clinical science. As an area with persistently high morbidity and mortality and rapidly evolving treatment technologies, cardiogenic shock is of major interest to the entire cardiovascular care community.
Thanks to the success of our fundraising team, this year we are also able to offer free registration to our members and all other participants.