The Structural Track provides clinicians and researchers with a comprehensive update on the evidence-based devices and techniques used to treat structural heart disease. The skills and knowledge gained will help interventionalists develop the expertise necessary for practice today and for the evolving field of tomorrow.
Structural Track sessions will equip participants to practice at the highest level of up-to-date procedural care by focusing on actionable information with an agenda offering education in many styles, including literature reviews, case presentations, debates, and live cases.
Structural Track offerings range from step-by-step technical instruction for up-and-coming operators to advanced explorations of emerging techniques for the most experienced operators.
After attending the SCAI Scientific Sessions Structural Track, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the evidence behind contemporary controversies in transcatheter aortic valve replacement (i.e., bicuspid aortic valve, alternative access, cerebral embolic protection)
- Appraise the data on transcatheter mitral valve repair and replacement and application in challenging patient selection scenarios
- Describe optimal left atrial appendage closure methods in terms of patient selection, peri-procedural imaging, complication recovery, and medication management
- Explain the unmet need for the treatment of tricuspid regurgitation and understand the devices in the pipeline for transcatheter repair and replacement
- Consider creative techniques and novel devices to address challenges in safe and effective device implantation (i.e., percutaneous electrosurgery, ventricular remodeling, caval stenting, interatrial shunt devices, pseudoaneurysm closure)
Speakers are chosen not only for their technical expertise but also for their skills as teachers and educators. These experts will present a series of practical, easy-to-follow sessions on an array of topics, and clinical trial leaders will discuss the latest advances and research shaping the field.
May 18 - 20, 2023
Become a member to take advantage of discounts to all SCAI-run events!