Cath Lab Boot Camp
Presenting the most current information that can be incorporated into clinical practice, this track will help you think critically about practical ways you can improve the quality of the patient care you provide.
This track has been designed for everyone on the cath lab team, including staff and physician faculty.
Suitable for all career stages, this track is for beginners and seasoned clinicians who are interested in improving practice and cath lab care.
After attending SCAI 2022, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the value proposition for an ambulatory surgical center (ASC) and how to build a successful PCI program in an ASC
- Understand the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all cardiac catheterization laboratories
- List strategies to reduce occupational hazards in the cardiac catheterization laboratory
- Describe how to prepare for complex interventions in challenging clinical scenarios and how to manage complications
- Outline the process of protecting and transforming a novel device idea into an approved product
At the core of the Cath Lab Boot Camp Track is an emphasis on quality and quality improvement. A broad range of topics are covered including how to build successful PCI programs in new clinical settings, diversifying faculty and staff, reducing occupational hazards and patient complications, and understanding how to bring new device ideas to further clinical care. Attendees, including physicians, physicians-in-training, cardiovascular professionals, and cath lab administrators will have ample opportunity to engage with national and international experts in this space during these sessions.